USC Upstate kicked off a challenging season with an unfortunate loss. The Spartans were outmatched in St. Louis, losing to the Billikens, 76-59.
Saint Louis overpowered USC Upstate in rebounding and free throw shooting.
There was a big gap in rebounding with Saint Louis tallying 31 boards compared to 20 by USC Upstate. The Billikens nailed 19 of their total points from the free throw line as opposed to three for the Spartans.
Fred Miller had the most points against the Billikens, scoring 11 on 66% shooting in 20 minutes.
|B||Mike McCall Jr||36||12||2||2||1||0||1|
With this early loss to Saint Louis, USC Upstate will have to work harder to live up to the team's positive preseason expectations.
The next team up is Hiwassee on November 12th.
- USC Upstate started 0-1 during the 2011, 2010, 2010, 2009, 2008, and 2007 seasons (since 1996).
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 1:48 left to go.
Saint Louis Game Notes:
- Jordair Jett set a career high with 5 assists.
- The top two rebounders (Dwayne Evans and Cody Ellis) accounted for 45.1% of the rebounds.
- The top two scorers (Dwayne Evans and Cody Ellis) accounted for 47.3% of the points.
- Dwayne Evans set a career high with 21 points.
Check out the complete Games Notes
Tags: Fred Miller